SPJ Pump Jet
The proven propulsion and manoevering system even for extreme operating conditions
The SCHOTTEL Pump Jet is a special-purpose azimuthing thruster that provides full thrust in all directions. It is distinguished by its compact and robust design and covers a power range from 50 to 3500 kW. A particular characteristic of the SPJ is its ability to operate in shallow water. Supplying full thrust at a minimum immersion of 150 to 750 mm, depending on the model involved, it can also be used on vessels with a very shallow draught. The SCHOTTEL SPJ has proved its worth as a reliable manoeuvring system, take-home device and main propulsion unit on a wide range of watercraft.
- Full-capability azimuthing thruster
- Compact design, space-saving installation with minimum displacement loss
- Installation flush with the hull, therefore no increase in resistance and no risk of collision with floating debris
- Ideal for operation in extremely shallow waters
- Protective grid at the intake prevents damage by floating debris
- Grounding possible. Hardly any risk of damage when the vessel contacts the ground
- Low volume flow on the intake side and also a low intake velocity.
- Low-noise and low-vibration operation due to encapsulated design allows supreme comfort on pleasure craft (yachts)
- Wide variety of installation options for different vessel designs
- Drive options: diesel engine, electric or hydraulic motor
- Can be used as manoeuvring aid, additional booster or take-home device